Wondering how to increase your employee buy-in?
Increasing your employee buy-in may sound exciting and simple to accomplish. However, for most organizations, it is not as easy to execute it to the target level.
With the scattered buzzwords of “employee engagement” or “employee buy-in” and what those words truly stand for – we must ask ourselves this one question. Why do we even need to keep our employees engaged? Why should your company focus on performance evaluations of your internal stakeholders? Especially if the management of your enterprise operations seems to control the situation?
Research from Hay Group found that companies with highly engaged employees outperform companies that are less engaged. And it is not less but by 54% within employee retention levels and 89% in customer satisfaction. However, only 40% of employees state that they feel engaged at work. How to engage the remaining 60% then?
What is employee buy-in?
Employee buy-in is not only useful for the new extension strategy your company is trying to deliver. It is also a crucial factor for brand loyalty, long-term development, and many other significant aspects. Employee buy-in initially means that your employees are committed to the organisational mission and vision. What is more, they are acceptant towards the implementation of changes and new decisions.
Whether your leadership style is paternalistic or the hierarchical approach within your organization is simply “flat” – making an investment in your employees’ needs is the best thing to do. When your employees become committed to your mission and vision – the drive motion of your organization becomes unstoppable.
However, employee buy-in is not always about the transition of unmotivated employees into dedicated workers. It is about providing your employees with a purpose to work for a company, which mission and vision will contribute to the future.
How does a sustainable strategy come to play a role?
Regardless of the hierarchy that your employees occupy in your organization, everybody wants to take action towards a greater purpose. Signing environmental audits or mentioning the triple bottom line in a pitch deck is enough. Real action must be taken. Implementing sustainability into the company’s strategy might be the key.
The transformation of employee demand is happening faster than consumer demand. And that is when the external market adaptation is not as relevant anymore, but the adaptation of the internal organizational processes towards employee engagement is.
Employee engagement software tools
An organisational alignment does not always happen in the span of one Monday meeting. Even if those cases may occur for some companies, for most organisations the change management processes can be extremely challenging. And that is where the digitalisation of business operations comes into play.
Storing and keeping the progress track digitally can exceedingly improve your company’s productivity. Moreover, it will also grant your company the ability to get a clear picture of which changes should be implemented into the strategy.
Employee engagement software tools are becoming more popular, and even have the potential of reaching 364 million USD by the year 2025. These tools are easy to use, potentially save money, and are easy to engage with.
2030 Builders developed a platform that engages companies in sustainable strategy building. Our gamification process aims to grant companies with independent innovation with the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Developing the engagement of your internal stakeholders has become crucial, and a significant factor for any decision-making processes. That is why our digital platform has features of remote access and enhancements of the human experience. The implemented virtual guide will influence your employees’ learning of sustainability and unleash the human capital potential within your organization.
By increasing your employee buy-in and reducing the carbon footprint within your organization, your company will be able to independently innovate with the 17 SDGs.
Become the business our future needs – today. For more information about our platform, click here.